A selection of taverns, designed in preparation for some urban-crawling.
- The Smiling Chirurgeon: under-lit and fairly raucous. Strange mix of bohemian types and ordinary working-class folk. A one-eyed Jackwellian Priest is conducting an enthusiastically heckled & praised lecture on why wigs are sinful.
- The Provost’s Head: philosopher/academic’s pub. A sage at the bar is looking for someone to help him look for a lost artefact that will prove his theory on the nature of ancient civilisations. Barman is a cheery Dickensian figure.
- The Well: front for smuggling operation, filled Star Wars cantina-like with all manner of weird people and species. Barman is heavily tattooed and fiercely bearded
- The Orc and Cockerel: dusty tavern frequented by down-on-their-luck thieves, predominantly. Barmaid knows a hex which she can be persuaded to teach a PC if they can help her with a bit of trouble she’s in. One of the thieves at the bar has a map leading to a treasure that he can’t get to on his own.
- Mangler’s: orcish smoke parlour. Caters mostly to an orc clientele, serves harsh rotgut and specialises in smoking crabs. Cellar leads to a fungal garden, barman is a 2nd-level barbarian.